Wilfrid Laurier University departments may request Faculty/Staff/Student pictures to be used for official university business. In order to have your Wilfrid Laurier University student ID ready for you upon your arrival, we ask that you submit a professional color PASSPORT PHOTO. If a Passport Photo is not possible, you may send a color snapshot showing a full front view of your head and shoulders according to the requirements shown on this site.
By submitting this photo for your student ID you agree this photo may be used by the university. Please contact our Office if you have questions about this policy at (519) 884-0710 x3730 or email@example.com.
To begin, click on the “Get Started Now” button located on the Home page.
The above photos represent acceptable photos. Notice that they are very similar in size and requirements to passport photos. In fact, we recommend that you have your photo taken by one of the many retail establishments that offer passport photo services. Many of them are able to provide you a digital copy of the photo which you can then easily upload to our system.
When taking your photo, please use the following as guidelines to ensure your photo is accepted:
- See examples of well-composed/unacceptable photos.
- A natural expression is encouraged
- Brightness and contrast should be adjusted to present the subject and background accurately
- Photos without proper contrast or color may obscure unique facial features
- Color should reproduce natural skin tones of student
- Fluorescent or other lighting with unbalanced color may cause unwanted color cast in the photo
- Student's head should be positioned directly facing the camera
- Photo should capture from slightly above top of hair to middle of chest
- Eyes should be open and looking at the camera
- Eyeglasses should be worn if normally used by the subject
- Do not wear sunglasses
- Glare on eyeglasses can usually be avoided with a slight upward or downward tilt of the head
- Background should be plain white or off-white
- Include headpieces if worn daily for religious purposes; they should not obscure or cast shadows on the eyes or any other part of the face
- Over- or under-exposure may render the photo unusable
- Facial features of student should be clearly evident in the photo
- Lighting should be adjusted to avoid shadows on the face or background
- High-resolution photography is strongly recommended
- Digital photos should be produced without discernible pixels or dot patterns
- Fine facial features should be discernible
- The entire face should be in focus
- Shoulders must be covered
- No red eye or flash reflection
- Do not wear costumes or hats
- Do not have any other object or person in the picture
- Photo must be in color
- Photo must be taken in the last 6 months
- A passport photo in .jpg format works best!
Have your picture taken, according to the diagram below:
Once you have reviewed the detailed instructions and have a properly formatted photo, please proceed to Step 2. You will have the ability to crop your photo if needed.
- Proceed to Step 2 by clicking in the box presented to you on Step 1 of the OneCard site as shown below and then clicking on the box that says “Proceed to Step 2”:
This page displays your account information used by MyPhoto:
Click on the “Choose File” button to browse for the photo. This will launch a dialog box in your browser. You can select the location of your file. Once you have selected the photo’s file location, select it by clicking on the “Open” button in the dialog box.
- Click the “CONTINUE TO STEP 3” button to upload your photo to the system.
If needed, you can use this on-line tool to crop or resize your photo. After you are finished, you will be able to compare your photo with a sample provided. Please crop or resize your photo now or if you are satisfied, continue to Step 4. You can also remove the file and start over.
Click on the button that says “Continue to Step 4”
Step 4 will display a sample of photo. Compare the sample photo with your OneCard shown with your uploaded photo.
- Click on the radio button that answers the following question:
Does your photo look like the given example?
- If you selected yes, continue to the next paragraph that explains your acceptance and understanding of submitting your photo using this on-line tool:
- Click on the box that says “Submit Photo”. This will submit the uploaded photo to the OneCard system.
If your photo has been uploaded successfully, a confirmation message will display that will contain your student ID as the tracking number as shown below:
Thank you for using the Wilfrid Laurier Photo Upload System.
Your photo has been successfully uploaded to our database.
Your student ID is the tracking number of your photo submission.